As a continuation of our previous blog, New Year, New Goals – now is the time to reflect on 2016. While looking back, do you see a lot of things that took your valuable time that shouldn’t have!? We like to call those time bandits. To help with these so-called time bandits, we’ve scoured the internet to find out the best technology tips for real estate agents that can save time, effort, and resources to make your lives easier and more efficient.
Maybe you spent a lot of time looking for a template for a listing presentation or creating your own? Maybe you got pictures taken in the morning and realized it would have looked so much better at twilight? Ever see a social media post from another realtor and think to yourself, “Wow, they must have paid a graphic designer to make their posts.” They may have, or they may have used one of our tips below.
Here are a few of our favorite tips and tricks of the trade that you may or may not know about:
- BoxBrownie – This company could be a total game changer. Have you ever wanted to stage a home but don’t have the budget or resources? Or maybe you want to edit something out of a picture but photoshop isn’t your thing. This company will virtually stage a home for you – it’s amazing AND inexpensive!
- Slide.ly Promo – Do you want to create a 15-second attention-grabbing marketing video but don’t want to mess with finding a film crew, actors, licensing music, etc? Yeah, doesn’t sound fun. Check out Slide.ly Promo – you can search thousands of licensed videos (with actors!), tons of licensed music and create the video yourself – all for less than $100! They even have monthly plans for less than $50 to make a different video each month.
- Breakthrough Broker – A common question we get from our agents is a recommendation on a company that provides templates of all kinds. Check out this site for templates on letters, listing presentations, buyer presentations, brochures, newsletters, etc. Best of all? It’s FREE!
- Canva – Want to add “Just Listed” to a photograph for social media, or make a custom header for your Facebook page? You don’t have to pay money to a graphic designer for things like that. You can do it for FREE with Canva. You can create anything from social media posts, to event invitations, to brochures, to presentations! Go check it out, we love it!
- YouTube Director App – This app makes shooting a personalized video so easy!! YouTube Director provides shot-by-shot guidance so you can create a high-quality video ad and upload it directly to YouTube from the app. It really does give you step by step so there is no video editing experience required. (We offer a great class where we demo this app live – Reality TV – Video Basics for Realtors – Contact your Business Development Rep or look at our Education Calendar to see if we are already offering this class near you and register!)
- Unroll.me – Is your inbox a mess or filled with thousands of junk emails? Managing your inbox is crucial to organizing your business. We are loving this new tool we found and can’t even explain how liberating it feels to have ZERO emails in our inbox!! Unroll.me lets you instantly see a list of all your subscription emails and lets you unsubscribe easily from whatever you don’t want.
- Live Voice / Riley – Do you have a lead capturing system and struggling to keep up with follow-up with all of them? (That’s a GREAT problem, by the way!) Check out these two options. Live Voice and Riley are both automated systems to respond to your leads in real time. With technology these days, if you don’t respond immediately, that lead is on to the next – am I right?